Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Product Review: Etude House Mini Size U Pore Smoother Serum and Massage Peeling Pack

Going to Seoul, Korea is like going to Beauty Heaven - you can get anything you want, and it doesn't burn too big a hole in your pocket. I will blog soon about my trip to Seoul, but I have discovered two new products from Etude House that is so review-worthy: Mini Size U Pore Smoother Serum and Massage Peeling Pack. Both of these products are from the Mini Size U range, which is for pore minimising from Etude House. Perfect for those with combination skin, oily skin, large pores, clogged pores or acne prone skin.

We've already reviewed two great products from Etude House - Blackhead Gommage and I Love You Honey! Face Pack. And so, what's our verdict this time for Mini Size U?

Etude House Mini Size U

I've been looking at my open pores for quite a while now, and seeing it clogged with blackheads is such a sight for sore eyes. I haven't purchased anything for my pores in a while, and I thought I'd give it a try at Etude House. Anyway, walking around the cosmetic street at Myeong-dong really spoils you... all you can think of is another beauty product for the smallest problem on your skin, or to highlight a certain face feature. Yikes, how indulgent :)


The Pore Smoother Serum is 50g, and comes in a glass pump bottle. In this purchase, there was also a toner and emulsion that came in sample sizes for free. I haven't tried the toner, but the emulsion absorbs quite easily and really, nothing to shout about. As for the Massage Peeling Pack, it was a separate product.

Pore Smoother Serum and Massage Peeling Pack

I quite like the packaging and seeing that it is in this light yellow beige as well as a creamy off white solution inside, it's quite a standard colour to let us know that it has something to do with...RICE! Indeed, the active ingredient in the Mini Size U range is Rice Wine. Other active ingredients in this range include Vitamin B6 and Banana. No wonder everything smells so good from this range, albeit no harsh scents of bananas or rice wine.


Pore Smoothing Serum (50g)

I chose this serum because it was really very smoothing and the texture is so so soft! It just melts into my skin, and within 3 days of use, I found that my pores have tightened. Skin also appears less oily so I am sticking with this product for quite a while.

A pump of Pore Smoother Serum

See how it just settles into my skin, and I use it as a moisturiser after toner and ampoules. It's moisturising enough for me, but for anyone else with more dehydrated skin, you can add on with an emulsion or moisturiser. As for people with oily skin, the serum is not oily and won't cause oiliness or tightness to your skin. It's gentle and really calms skin well, so use it twice a day and you will appreciate balanced skin!

Massaging Pore Smoother Serum into skin

Massage Peeling Pack (180ml)
When I first picked the product up, I thought okay...is this some clay mask? I am not a fan of clay masks as normally it just dehydrates my skin leaving it too tight and irritated. Then I started applying it on to my skin and realised that it's an exfoliator. But wait, it has no beads inside. I used it dry and was quite pleased with the results - clearer and smoother skin. However, the sales person told me that I was supposed to use it with some water.....

Massage Peeling Pack
And so, when I brought it home to try for the first time, I was a bit confused as to how to use it. I didn't really understand the method of using it, so I just tried it my own way. 

This amount is too little for the face.
Look at the texture, it appears grainy but it's oh so smooth!
How to use?
Step 1 - Take a thumb size amount and apply onto skin.
Step 2 - Massage gently all over skin, until little beads clumped together.
Step 3 - Wet your palms with some water, and start massage face until a soft and smooth texture (almost foam like, but without) starts.
Step 4 - Massage for about 3-5 minutes
Step 5 - Wash off with water
When you rub, you get these little beads clumped together
Use two to three times a week, always follow with the Pore Smoothing Serum or a hydrating mask. 

There you go, Etude House's recipe for tighter and smaller pores, minus the painful alcohol astringents or mud masks that just strips essential moisture off skin. Enjoy! 



9 comments:

  1. great reviews and great efforts in uploading the pictures especially determining the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi eye wrinkle cream,

    Thanks for dropping by!

    It's fun to try out new products, and of course, we have to show you what we have experienced with it!

    Regards,
    Mizuage

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just bought this item in etude house philippines and im soo excited to try it on! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,

    Thanks for visiting us!

    Yes it's a really good product for exfoliation minus the abrasiveness !

    Share with us your results from this:)

    H from Mizu-age

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there, I discovered your website by way of Google even as looking for a
    comparable topic, your website came up, it appears to be like great.

    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, just was aware of your weblog through Google, and found that it's really informative.
    I am gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful when you proceed this in future.
    A lot of other people will likely be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    Here is my page saffron extracts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site so i came to “return the favor”.
    I am trying to find things to improve my site!I suppose its
    ok to use some of your ideas!!

    My web blog: Skip Navigation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement
    account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable
    from you! By the way, how can we communicate?

    Feel free to visit my blog Le parfait skin reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful article! That is the type of info that
    should be shared across the web. Disgrace on the seek engines for no longer positioning this submit
    upper! Come on over and consult with my site . Thank you
    =)

    Also visit my web site: Buy cosima revival

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having read this I believed it was extremely informative.

    I appreciate you finding the time and effort
    to put this information together. I once again find myself personally spending a lot of
    time both reading and leaving comments. But
    so what, it was still worthwhile!

    my web-site: Buy Rejuvenex

    ReplyDelete